- local government
Katholische Frauengemeinschaft (Catholic Women's Community) Desingerode/Esplingerode
from Elisabeth Wollborn (secretary)
As a "club of Christian mothers" our community was founded on 16 June 1912 by the then pastor, Karl Nörthemann. In the long history the community
often went up and down. Especially the war times were difficult. In 1980, the mothers' association became a new name and has been called "Catholic
Women's Community" ever since.
Today the women's community invites lectures several times a year. In the carnival season the women's community invites to carnival events on three
evenings. The women's community works together with the women of the Protestant Reformed Church in Sattenhausen and makes use of the World
Prayer Day for women for common worship and a meeting.
Further details can be found in the Local Chronical (Ortschronik), which is available from
Desingeröder Str. 32
37115 Duderstadt / Desingerode